Are you planning to visit Ukraine soon? The information below will help you to get ready in advance and to avoid stressful situations at the Ukrainian border.
The current rules for crossing the Ukrainian border are regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine №1236, as last amended on January 13, 2022.
All foreigners, regardless of age and country of arrival, must have an insurance policy (certificate) issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine or by a foreign insurance company, which has a contractual partnership with an insurance company in Ukraine (assistance). The policy / certificate must cover the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the entire period of stay in Ukraine.An insurance policy can be purchased online.
In addition, all foreign nationals, including holders of temporary residence permits, as well as stateless persons, must have one of the following documents:
• a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination with vaccines approved by the WHO for use in emergency; or
• a foreign COVID certificate confirming vaccination against COVID-19 with one or more doses of vaccines included in the WHO list of permitted for use in emergencies, or confirming a negative PCR test or recovery from COVID-19; or
• a negative PCR test or rapid test for SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus antigen that was done no more than 72 hours before entry. Fully vaccinated people and children under 12 do not need tests to enter Ukraine.
Individuals who provide a negative test result should also install a mobile application for self-isolation control – Vdoma (available in Ukrainian and English in and ), regardless of the length of stay in Ukraine. Self-isolation is not used if PCR testing or rapid antigen testing is performed within 72 hours of entry and a negative result is obtained.
To avoid having problems with downloading the app Vdoma right at the border, we recommend that you install it in advance and get registered: enter your phone number (a confirmation code will be sent) and your passport details. But do not confirm your details before the border guard checks them. After confirming the data in the app a countdown of 72 hours will begin, during which you will be able to take the COVID-19 test and, if you receive a negative result, to stop the self-isolation mode.
After crossing the border and activating the countdown, you do not need to do anything with the counter on the screen. Your next step is to visit the nearest laboratory and take the COVID-19 test.
For example, you may visit Synevo laboratory, which has a wide network of branches and reasonable prices.
Note that both PCR and rapid antigen testing are suitable for the app Vdoma purposes. We recommend the rapid test, because it is cheaper and you will get the result in 15 minutes, unlike the PCR test, the result of which you have to wait up to 24 hours.
Here are the steps to take the test at the Synevo Lab:
- Prebook and prepay your test online on their website (you may get a 10% discount for online payment). For a 15-minutes Antigen test please input 2458 code in a “search tests” field and for a PCR test the code is 3363. Important! When filling out the form, please, mark the field “Include results in “Diy Vdoma” as you can see in the screenshot. Thus you will allow the results from the laboratory to be automatically sent to your app Vdoma (may take up to 24 hours).
- Choose and visit the nearest branch of the Synevo laboratory where you can get tested for COVID-19. Please note, that with the booking number you will have a priority before those who came without online booking.
- Get your result (within 15 minutes for Antigen test and within 24 hours for PCR test).
- In case your result is negative the countdown in your app Vdoma will automatically stop and the button “cancel your self-isolation” will appear. Just press the button and your self-isolation will be over.
Hope the above information will help you to go through the process smoothly and enjoy your trip to Ukraine.
Should you have any difficulties, don’t hesitate to contact our lawyers. We are always ready to help.