How to calculate your 90 days of stay out of 180?
It’s easy with the tool provided by the State Migration Service of Ukraine:
With the help of the service it is possible to calculate the number of days of stay in the country.
Step by step enter the following information into the form:
- The date of control (usually it is the date of a planned departure). The estimated start date of the control period will appear automatically after you input the date of control.
- Dates of entries and departures within the control period;
- Click the Calculate button to get results.
What happens if a foreigner has overstayed?
There is no fine or other penalty for overstaying during the quarantine period + 30 days after the date of quarantine cancellation. The current quarantine started on March 12, 2020 and has been extended several times already, currently until June 30, 2021.
Here is a link to the related resolution of Ukrainian government:
However, for those who have violated the terms of stay before the start of the quarantine (until March 12, 2020), the above-mentioned mitigation will not apply. According to article 203 of the Code of Administrative Offenses of Ukraine, the foreigner will be fined UAH 1700-5100 (around USD 60-180) for it. It is possible to pay the fine right at the border control or in advance at a local office of the State Migration Service of Ukraine.
The details about any overstaying is easily checked by the authorities at the border control.
The overstay is not cancelled by the fine, therefore, the foreigner will have to wait 90 days before re-entering Ukraine.
How to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days?
There are several ways to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days for non-Ukrainian citizens:
- Get a temporary residency;
- Get a permanent residency;
- Extend a stay in Ukraine for up to 180 days.